Hello There, Sunshine! Yes, That’s You..

I have personally never been the one for New Year’s resolutions. If you want to have a more positive attitude or start going the gym, why not just start right there and then? No point holding off until January 1st for that nonsense. However, 2016 is now among us and I have given in to my own beliefs that resolutions are just a bunch of booharky. My so-called ‘resolution’ this year is to abide by a quote that I found today:

When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.

I’m not going to lie, but I spent a whole lot of last year just being confused. Everyone was like, “University! Woo hoo!” Meanwhile, I just nodded along wondering what on Earth could possibly be at university that I will like? Because there’s some kind of constant pressure on kids to go to college and university from friends, family and teachers. I straight up told everybody “No thank you” and left school. It not only made me confused about life but also a little sad. People had plans, and I had no plans. But, leaving school didn’t stop me from New Year’s resolving.

So I found this quote whilst scrolling through Tumblr and I thought it was quite lovely. It’s great to have things around you that keep you happy. Friends, family, music, cats, cheeseburgers – whatever it may be that keeps that smile on your dial – but you know what? Sometimes as human beings we can be selfish and this is simply just not enough. Instead of being sad about the lack of happy things around you, what is stopping you from being the happy thing? When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.

It’s like a nice way of saying that it’s time to stop relying wholly on the people and the things around you to make you happy. You can’t be around negative people and expect to live a positive life.

I currently spend 97% of my time at work and spend the other 3% of the time thinking about it. I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have met people that I know will forever be my friends. We all have days when we know the sunshine will not be ourselves. Going to work and surrounding myself with people that I know will lighten me up, that is what can make you believe that you are enough to shine like them. So maybe when you can’t find the sunshine in yourself, look for it in those around you.

It’s already the THIRD DAY of 2k16. I hope your year is filled with lots of love, laughter and sunshine.

blogsignature2

 

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Hello There, Sunshine! Yes, That’s You..

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s